Thursday, March 22, 2012

M8 Greyhound - Base Coats


The underneath parts were airbrushed with Vallejo Model Air Olive Drab (71043) and a couple drops of thinner: inside the rear fenders, wheels, and turret and the underneath areas of the hull assembly and gun assembly. I then lightened the olive drab with Model Air White (71001) by adding 2-3 drops of the white to the airbrush cup and stirring to mix. This was then sprayed on the turret basket, the outside of the fenders, wheels, and turret and the upper surfaces of the gun assembly and hull assembly. The ring portion of the turret basket will be brush-painted off-white.

I'm not sure that I have enough contrast so my plan is to lighten the olive drab even more and highlight the flat, upper surfaces on the hull and the upper part of the fenders. Once totally dry, I will then gloss coat the areas for the markings and apply them, followed by weathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment