Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Krupp Protze - Construction Completed

I finished the pre-painting construction this afternoon, adding all the fiddly bits that have a high percentage of being broken or knocked off never to be seen again. These included the headlights, width indicators, and mirrors. Those of you with keen eyesight will notice that I removed the broken shovel from the rear left side. I removed the shovel parts with a sharp #11 blade leaving the brackets attached. The wind screen was loose so I removed it. This will facilitate the painting of the cab (notably the dash) and the masked wind screen. This will be re-attached after finishing along with the eight wheels.

Now the big decision--what color to paint it--panzer grey or desert yellow? I'm leaning heavily towards the desert yellow but I need to research any unique markings that I may need.

No comments:

Post a Comment